Monday 17 September 2018

My way

I give thanks I had a blood test this morning, otherwise the joint pain and muscle cramps and swollen foot might have meant I stayed in bed...and that would have been a terrible waste as, apart from these major inconveniences, I felt fine. And of course I was grateful for that too!

Pleasure is a good way to treat pain as miserableness only makes it worse, so after the poor woman finally managed to get enough gore out of my arm I armed myself with favourite tunes and a snack or two and clambered onto a bus to watch the world go by...and by...and by! I give thanks for getting a seat not facing backwards or sideways or up a step right at the back where you can't see out of the window...and for all the things I saw. I love those cameo glimpses of life you get when travelling observantly. For the reflections in the water when the sun came out...and the mother of pearl river when it set.


I still hurt but I give thanks for turning it into a lovely day. For there not being any messages saying my bloods were awful when I got home. My mobile was sensibly off to avoid them catching me on there, though it would have been kind of funny to be able to say 'Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise I was so ill, I went out to be happy instead!' I also give thanks for finding out the 'Something Inside' poem I entered in that competition about change won second prize. Woohoo, get me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics