Tuesday 18 September 2018

Eternal father strong to save


I give thanks for spotting these knitted sea creatures at the harbour yesterday. Particularly love the scallops! The sign said if you'd appreciated the craftwork they'd appreciate it if you donated to the Seaman's Mission so I give thanks a passing seaman was able to tell me how - there was a collection tub in the Harbour Office. And yes of course I found it and donated a bob or two! I give thanks for those in peril on the sea safely delivered and I give thanks for remembering the above hymn, a favourite from early childhood - there's just something about those intervals sends shivers down my spine!

I give thanks for my hands allowing me to knit a few rows of Rachel's jumper and attend to various household chores. I was out for nine hours yesterday but there was mysteriously still a pile of washing up!

I give thanks for expressing my thanks to the medical supply company for their appreciation of my poem and politely enquiring why they'd said in the competition details second prize included £20 Waterstones vouchers but I was only getting £15. I thought there maybe some entries had tied and they were allocated differently but apparently it was just a mistake and I should receive the higher amount so I am even more grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics