Sunday 12 August 2018

Flowers in the rain

A woman in the changing room yesterday asked if we knew anything about baby showers as she was going to her partner's grandson's and hadn't been to one before. I had one of those wake up call moments when I realised how far I've drifted from the path of contemporary feminine society. Partner? Grandchild? Baby shower? To be honest, I was kind of grateful - it all seems rather too complicated for me - though I did become rather wistful regarding how far I find myself from the paths that appealed instead.

I give thanks for another very enjoyable episode of Mark Kermode's Secrets of the Cinema, an early night and a long lie in musing on the strange matters that occupy my mind in lieu of all that normal stuff! For being able to go with the flow of my whims and fancies within the small range of activities available to me now including cleaning the tops of my kitchen cupboards, spraying painting my tarnished bed knobs... and cooking up some dahl.

I give thanks for the rain for the growing things. For the poignancy of the fading flowers on my foot...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics