Wednesday 4 July 2018

All in the game

I didn't fall asleep as soon as I turned out the light last night...I went to bed pretty much as soon as the football fans' groaning and yelling stopped so there was no need to turn it on! I give thanks for a massive lie in this morning too as, though I'd had a good rest more was still required.

I give thanks for being able to take it easy (sometimes) when I'm tired. It really is the only thing that helps. For being quite capable of doing essentials without a great deal of pain, but just enough aches in essential joints to encourage me not to do too much. For not feeling ill, and for remembering what a blessing this is when there are so many horrible symptoms I could expect to be suffering from as toxins build up in my body.

I give thanks for sorting out a couple of drawers and even finding new homes for some of their contents in other drawers... For otherwise being mostly content to lie on the sofa not groaning and yelling at the telly as the tennis I saw wasn't actually all that exciting today despite a few stunning rallies and returns. I give thanks when I dropped the kettle on my foot the water in it wasn't freshly boiled...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics