Friday 13 July 2018

Whole lotta shakin' goin' on

Ooh, I give thanks for one of those rare and precious conjunctions when I feel whole and well and free of pain for a couple of hours! Nature abhors a vacuum though (unlike me - I am so pleased with my new one!) so of course I had to do something to make myself tired and sore again. It was late so it had to be something at home and quiet, so I decided to have a go at spray painting a lamp base. I give thanks for managing to rig up a protected but ventilated area with my folding screen and dustsheets... and then I couldn't get the lid off the can. Anything squeezy, turny or pushy is likely to cause problems - toothpaste, pill bottles, knobs - but squeezy and turny at the same time often times defeats me utterly.  Eventually I succeeded but the nozzle came off too and whether that was the problem or (despite shaking the tin so much I'm surprised I didn't take off on my bingo wings)  I just wasn't getting the product liquid enough, but it might as well have been real cast iron inside rather than just a textured metallic effect. I could get a sort of jet stream sometimes, but never a spray and mostly nothing at all. Oh well, I give thanks for giving up packing the vacuum box with jigsaws instead...

Today I gave thanks for still feeling relatively human so getting a few more jobs done while the going was good. For trying a different sort of paint with much more success. I still can't get my hand in the proper position to push the button, but I found I could kind of squeeze the bottom of the can against my tummy to assist with grip and one lamp base now looks quite nice, though the other will only really do if it's behind a plant or something...

I give thanks for a fair stab at bustling about until it was time for curling up for a watch of the tennis...plus a bit of a siesta or two. Five hours and we're still only on the first semi final. I may be some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics