Saturday 14 July 2018

The wheels on the bus

Of all the wheels my wagon is losing the one that causes me most distress is the (metaphorical) steering wheel by means of which I used to amble off to places on my own. I give thanks though sore and stiff this morning, I also suffered from great claustrophobia and wanderlust because the need has to be pretty damn great to overcome the obstacles and inertia..

I figured I could get to the bus stop, but there's not a lot of choice of buses you can get from there and I really wanted, if not adventure, at least more novelty than the same old routes and destinations. I give thanks for perusing maps and timetables (always fun!) and finally deciding the best I could come up with was a cup of tea at a slightly different seaside and possibly buy a new lampshade for my newly sprayed lamp base on the way home...

I give thanks for resolving to make the best of it, to try and get a sense of being away from it all a few hours of this unpromising material...and I give thanks for succeeding too!


I give thanks for tea and a pastry outside a strangely (but very pleasantly!) deserted cafe, for an equally unusually almost deserted beach backed with sparkling sea, for a brook swimming with fish of various sizes and a man taking a snake for a walk...round his neck, not on a lead ! After that I was quite worn out, so I give thanks for a long rest watching the end of the second men's semifinal in front of a big screen in a small park with handy shops, loos etc and patches of sun and shade.

I give thanks the match ended when it did as walkabout cramps were setting in and I didn't want to jump up shouting four letter words which is what I do at home. Instead I bought an ice cream plus aforementioned lampshade and made it to the bus stop at just the same time as a bus back. I give thanks for making it to the sofa before I fell fast asleep! All I need to do now is to find a way off it and into the kitchen to get some food... I may be some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics