Thursday 12 July 2018

Cherry oh baby

Wow, the tennis last night! I give thanks I'm not fussed about football because there were a couple of utterly awesome matches I would have hated to have missed. Of course I have favourites but I give thanks I rarely care who wins - they can be any nationality, age, sexual or political persuasion -  as long as they can hit balls into the right places some, but not quite all of the time. The not quite bit is crucial - tennis fans rarely have tantrums or go on a rampage but they are quite partial to a groan!

Hours of it there was...I give thanks for lots of lovely lolling about on the sofa doing little but watching the screen, and for lots of hastily constructed sherry trifle. When I've had a generous portion I realise why people drink, but these days I'd rather have my cake (soaked in it) and eat it too!

I give thanks for unpacking my vacuum and being very pleased with size, shape and weight...of both the Hoover and the box which is calling out for packing with possesions! I already knew I liked the style. Designers seem to have been given free rein with colour and shape lately which means some of them look to me quite gross!

I give thanks this morning I got as far as turning it on, and finding operation and performance good... but I was very tired and going out to get prescriptions (plus a cup of tea and cookies) seemed a far better use of such energy as I had. I give thanks for a small handful of cherries too - rationed now but probably my favourite fruit so how could I resist a few?

I give thanks for more vivid and very enjoyable dreams. In waking moments most communications involve me saying 'Ooh, how lovely!' about stuff other people get up to that I can't. When I'm asleep I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics