Monday 2 July 2018

Gold

There's gold in them thar trees...and I give thanks for spotting it and managing to get a photo before the sun moved down behind the hill, though it's blurry as the leaves were flapping about in the breeze!


For abandoning my usual evening fare of true and fictional crime books and TV for the feel good movie Sing Street. This felt even more good for the chap upstairs being out for the evening and the one next door not leaving the extractor fan on for hours either. Despite the many fantasy elements (a boat trip with immobile hair?) the film reminded me of how good it is, if you are that way inclined, to be able to compose music from your emotions. I still miss this dreadfully, and am determined one day I'll find a way again...but of course not while I live in a flat with so little sound insulation...

I give thanks for a lift to knitting from Jenny plus the gift of a couple of empty boxes (just in case). For delivering a bag of mixed items to the food bank collection point at the library...and then on my way home asking a homeless chap on the street if there was anything I could get him. His request of a banana milk shake seemed very reasonable so I threw in a bag of chews for his dog. I give thanks the gods looked down and decided this merited instant karma - the next shop I went in was playing a sonorous cello sonata and the baker's were selling two cream cakes for the price of one :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics