Saturday 28 July 2018

The look of love

What's better in life than a good QI? OK, I'll rephrase that. What's better in life and accessible to me? Not much - as two of my favourite things are learning and laughing... Last night I gave thanks for finding an episode of the last series I'd not yet seen, and doing a lot of both. I give thanks for discovering the existence of Mad Hatterpillars (larvae that wear a stack of outgrown head casings on top of their current one) and that orchids used to be called Bollockwort...

Today I've been giving thanks for going with Mima to collect our undelivered items from yesteday and for a walk round a nearby park in the sunshine, the rain, the wind... I give thanks for spotting sheep the same colour as the fields, a mother coot diving again and again to feed weed to her fluffy chicks, lovely lush plants and trees and some rather confident squirrels. Also these gnarled ivy stems. The human brain is configured to see faces in anything that has a similar patterns to facial features...in these I almost see erotic intertwined carvings like you get on temples sometimes!


I give thanks for calling in at Morrison's on the way back where I could not only get a nice loaf sliced for me, but could ask the bored looking chap doing it if it was a boring job...and thereby relieve the monotony by giving him a legitimate excuse to tell me exactly how tedious he found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics