Tuesday 24 July 2018

Windmills of your mind

I give thanks I put the kettle on a few minutes ago. Unfortunately I lay down on the sofa afterwards so no cup of tea for a while! It's been a busy twenty four hours and many body parts are protesting..

I give thanks for surviving a nasty attack of hand cramps while I was trying to remedy a mistake in a row of intarsia knitting...though the pattern itself was a casualty (plus several runaway stitches) and there'll be some painful and painstaking unpicking and reknitting to do when I can face another session. Some craft projects grow therapeutically and others are stress from start to finish.

I give thanks for surviving marauding murderers haunting my dreams, and nasty attacks of cramp in my feet during the night. For managing to meet Gary on time despite being bleary eyed and sore this morning. Plan A for the day was to watch him fly his camera drone and we did that a little though it was too windy in all the best places to enjoy as much as we hoped. We did enjoy numerous different parking spots though, plus refreshment outlets including one with a field of deer cutely wagging their tails round and round to keep the flies off I guess. I also give thanks for a scenic drive up a narrow windy lane we would never have gone up the main one hadn't been closed, though I suspect Gary didn't!

Ooh, I give thanks I just had to stand up to sort out another bout of cramp in my foot...so I now have a cup of refreshing Roobosch. I give thanks I have lots of leftovers for my tea...for the water heater on...and for an informative and entertaining book by a neuroscientist about why the brain does stuff we wish it wouldn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics