Thursday 10 May 2012

Northern Soul

Yes, not Nordic Noir this time...but news of the craze sweeping Swedish cities for alcohol free lunchtime disco dancing to 60s hits, mirror balls and all. I like this...energising, sociable, warmer than a walk in chilly northern climes and more fun than the gym (surely anything is more fun than a gym?)...

Much gratitude this morning for sleeping fairly soundly during the night and waking before my alarm. I gave wistful thanks for the comfort of my bed as I left it! have the most physically demanding day today since my operation and though my appointments aren't til this afternoon there are many things to be done first, some of the sort that take longer the more you try to hurry up...and then there's the bus! I give thanks that I'm nearly ready to set off for it now...well, I think so...no more mishaps I hope!

I'm grateful for hot water coming out of the taps, free range chickens laying eggs and whoever it was in Eccles who came up with the idea of wrapping currants and raisins up in flakey pastry... I'm grateful, on reading the start of my blog the other day, to realise how much better I've become at being grateful! El exercicio hace el maestro...

1 comment:

  1. Steady there Angel, Pat loves going to the Gym, & comes home energised! The people of Cornwall will give thanks and rejoice that my two left feet will not be on the dance floor doing a Holloway version of 'Daddy dancing' Cannot even clap in time to the music, and far too many hours charging along the ward floors to have the time for rock and roll, and avoided the hospital Christmas dance like the plague, the Bournemouth Pavillion heaved a sigh of relief too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics