Monday 14 May 2012

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my 'favourite' son Bob...who shares this personal anniversary with Cate Blanchett, George Lucas and Thomas Gainsborough (I'm thinking you'll have heard of them) plus Talking Heads founding member David Byrne, social reformer Robert Owen and social media tycoon Mark Zuckerberg....Make of that what you will! I'm just eternally grateful I didn't produce someone normal by others' standards...

I give thanks for an item in the news about attempts to make rail announcements more cheery and humourous. We get that on the local trains here sometimes and it really does brighten the mood hearing light hearted comments about the weather or the places we're going through...and for an episode in the Indian Ocean series about people in Kenya recycling flip flops washed up on the shore to make toys and gifts to sell. Some of them were amazing and I looked on the internet for somewhere to buy them over here but they seem to be out of stock everywhere. If you know better let me know!

I give thanks for eggs, flour, milk, lemon and sugar...yes, pancakes for breakfast today! I give thanks for the energy to my cooker and to my body to cook them. I've done the washing up and a bit of ironing and knitting too and I'm grateful if not overly impressed. People sometimes remind me that I can overcome all manner of physical ills with my mental strength...and I'd like to remind them (and myself) that this is me doing that very thing, it's just that I have a way to go. Well you wouldn't want me to be too perfect would you? Might make you feel inadequate, ha ha!

And with ref to my earlier post Oh bum!: I give thanks for discovering I can get big pants on prescription now. They're not things of great beauty but they are specifically designed for the job and at least I don't have to fork out my own cash for them...

This isn't my most enthralling post, I know...even my mind's wandering, but guess what? I've just remembered that not only have I've only watched one episode of the Bridge so far this week but the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is on Sky Box Office. Wow...now that's as good as a birthday present! When the Tesco man/woman has been (I mean it could be either, not that I'm expecting a hermaphrodite) I think I should get a plate of food and exercise my right to rampant inactivity...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel, not that I haven't been reading your posts, but have been having a rock bottom time, not bodily but mentally, but as a good friend said, "Don't let the carborundum's grind you down" good weekend otherwise. Much gratitude to a best friend for lending me a ladder to reach the top of my house: the gratitude would have been multiplied if he had come to help! But my visits to the *** have made me strong enough to cope, a gratitude for mental and physical strength.
    Now I must say your sounding slightly more upbeat than a fortnight ago, and sometimes its 'what a difference a day makes'. I know there are going to be up's down's and slight dips, sometimes your more up than I am with what you manage to achieve. Now I hope your big pants are more joyful in colour, than that they call flesh, sorry 'nude' the new name for flesh to get someone to wear them apart from grannies! All that 'move it about, keep it in stuff made famous by Gok, is all the same colour too.
    Catch up again soon, love and gentle hugs Pat xx
    Bum have finished on pants!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics