Wednesday 2 May 2012

On the plus side

Well I'm extremely grateful the sun's not made it through the clouds yet here...was worried if the weather were as glorious as they hinted it might be I might have to dig a folding chair out from the cupboard under the stairs and drag it down to the communal gardens. Nothing against the idea in principal, just that in practice I feel far too floppy today! Should things change dramatically weatherwise I might be persuaded to reconsider my position positionwise...

I give thanks for Tesco's Finest fruity cookies with coconut and big chunks of apricot. The Co op do something very similar in their Truly Irresistible range. Don't mind which...as long as they are on special offer they are!

I'm grateful that I've managed to get my stoma care area changed back to Exeter and district. Technically I'm over the border but it's about the same length journey for me by public transport to either hospital just the north east version is easier than south west. Plus if I feel up to it I can route it via Lush or Primark. Plus sometimes the appointments can be timed to fit with the other ones I have over there. Plus the team seem friendlier...though maybe the fact that I wanted to be 'sent back' made the other ones want to get rid of me anyway! Anyway, yesterday it looked as if it couldn't be done but now it has and I am very pleased...

I'd also like to give thanks to Charles and Maureen for their very excellent and thoughtful catalogue courier service...

And...although I really prefer not to give thanks for things that haven't happened yet...expectations and anticipation and all that...I would like to thank Jared for his intention to take me out for a drive and a meal later, to Clive for his intention to come and fix some sockets (and be treated to fish and chips) on Sunday, and for John saying he and Jo hope to be down to visit mid month...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel, back on-line after a hectic few weeks. My dad has been in hospital and we have had a long list of other distractions. I really love your recent photos, as always. Glad to hear your recovery is slowly but surely moving along. The bath must be an enormous treat. Take good care, love Juanita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back Juanita! I hope you and your dad are doing OK...

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics