Tuesday 8 May 2012

Breakfast in bed

I had breakfast in bed this morning. I don’t mean I took my breakfast back to bed (although I did) I mean I then proceeded to tip it all over me and the covers. I am, as you can imagine, extremely grateful it was Ryvita with sultanas on rather than just about any other thing you can imagine on a breakfast menu!

On Sunday I gave thanks that Clive didn’t want to go out for fish and chips after all as I have a hospital trip on Thursday and a doctor’s appointment on Friday and it seemed a good idea to get some other things done locally today...and I figured four times out in one week would be a tad ambitious. So I ordered lovely weather for this afternoon. I was so sure it would be warm and sunny that I was worrying what to wear as it’s been jumpers and scarves and hats for so long (don’t forget I was in hospital for that springlike weather in March). So I put a short sleeved T shirt on under a jumper to try it out when I went down to take the rubbish but it was still quite chilly and I had to put a fleece on top when I went to get my cab an hour later...and by then it was glorious. Still a nippy breeze but out of that just fine with jacket on/off as required.

I was very grateful to walk straight up to a Post Office counter to send and collect packages. I was delighted to find all the ice-cream places open and start the season with Kelly’s strawberries and cream variety and close to ecstatic to find a long embroidered and beaded Monsoon tunic in the Hospice charity shop. It’s in turquoise green if you know what I mean, a sort of peacock colour and I tried it on when I got home and it fits!

One of the packages turned out to be yarn I’d ordered on Friday, sent out that afternoon and delivered next day (just I’d not been there to receive it). Beautifully packaged too, with cardboard to keep the pattern flat and bubble wrap round the needles. I’d decided I might like to knit myself a garment...not something I’ve done for a couple of years although I used to make loads of my own clothes even after I no longer had my market stall and did for at least some of my living, and not something I’ve done following a pattern for decades! This is a slightly lacy cardigan in double knitting on 4mm needles which after years of chunky stuff seems rather like knitting on cocktail sticks with a piece of thread. I think I might get it finished before he summer is out though...the tension sample that is! I’m extremely grateful for thinking I’m up to the challenge anyway and will live long enough to wear it out (in all senses of the phrase!)

Great to hear from Pat, and to hear from Ann that I did the right thing re Tony...

Still finding those sultanas...good job I don’t have a pet rabbit or I’d be thinking twice before eating them!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,
    Know what you mean about DK and 4mm needles, last knitting I did was a round neck button through cardigan for my granddaughter, in her school colour of yellow, she wore it once! Have not knitted for myself for years, think I told you; Jaegar double double crepe, took me 12 years to finish it, but still have it more than 20yrs later. Probably a bit of a record! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the serial starring Felicity Kendal (cannot think of the title), young woman living on her own with a pet rabbit living free in the house! Hope your Ryvita didn't land butter side down, and the cuppa was safe..... Patxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics