Thursday 3 May 2012

Pretty good

You've heard, I'm sure, that regular housework is considered to be helpful in staving off dementia... http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/household-chores-prevent-alzheimers-disease-dementia.html well, how about farm work? I found this article rather humbling at first, decrepit as I am (though young enough to be many of the contributors youngest child!)...however, don't be put off scrolling down and having a look at the swimming cows at least! Yes, large domesticated bovines swimming between Hebridean Isles! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17537153 I was very grateful for the memory of what feels very much like my region of origin even though I wasn't actually born there.

I give thanks for a pleasant evening with Jared yesterday. The food wasn't as spectacularly good as we had been led to believe but we were both well aware of how very fortunate we were to be in the position to a) eat out at a good restaurant and b) be picky and leave some of the food even though it looked so good. Pretty countryside too...


I'm grateful I've made cauliflower cheese for later. I've avoided making sauce... but by drawing up a chair and sitting at the stove I managed the tiring standing up and stirring. I'm grateful I thought of that even if it seemed a bit sad... Not as sad as no cauliflower cheese ha ha! I'm grateful for my little red curvy spatula, designed for getting the last scrapes of jam out of the pot I'm told, but also excellent for making sure all the sauce gets onto the cauliflower...

I give thanks for the sound of children squealing with delight and terror on the rope swing outside...and do not turn this round to a complaint you moan mongerers! The more families living round here the better as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather hear children playing than a lot of sounds you get in a residential area and having communal gardens with a big old tree for a rope swing is pretty good to my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics