Monday 21 May 2012

Floating Islands

No...not the Maldives refuse sort...this is a blog of gratitude not sorrow, horror and shame.

Back when proper baths were banned, if someone had asked me what my favourite Lush products were I would probably have said Dreamtime and Ceridwen's Cauldron. But in there last week I saw a pile Floating Islands and remembered how wonderful they are. Perhaps I'd buried the memory to save the suffering! You don't need a whole one...even half is a generous amount of silky sandalwoodness. Wonderful. So many thanks for that!

The stoma nurse suggested maybe essential oils in the bath were causing the occasional surprise 'coming unstuck' I've suffered, but since it sometimes happens when the only oil I've been near has been olive in a pan, and she also used a soothing wipe on my skin she said had tea tree and lavender in, I'm not sure it's her area of expertise. I've decided to embark on a programme of extremely unscientific testing of all the bath delights I like... (Naked do good ones too)

So grateful I didn't go down to watch KATE KWIDZINSKI's uncle carrying the torch in Shaldon. A 'popular beat combo' took over from him on the bridge so yes it was very busy down there. I didn't realise any of these celebrities were involved and if she hadn't casually mentioned it on Facebook... (You have to know Kate to know quite how un-casual but can you blame the woman for being proud? She's such a shy retiring creature I hope she doesn't mind a mention here...) I was delighted to watch local heros in local scenery as, I'm sure, people will be throughout the land.

I've booked a bit of sunshine for this afternoon as I have some chores to do in town. I give great thanks as always that back when I was fit and strong I chose to live somewhere where 'town' and sea are paces apart...




I give thanks that I'll be ready when summer really begins...and yes I'll turn the TV off before I go to the beach!

3 comments:

  1. Looking very glam there Gabi, sounds like you live in a wonderful place. Take care, it looks like it will be a nice after noon, certainly is here!
    Take care.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes very glam indeed! Wish I had a pair of pins like that! Wow

    And how high is your ceiling please?!!! It's wonderful, looks so grand,

    My neighbour is also a torch bearer ( is that what you call them? ) On the same day she's due to give birth, and the marshals have told her they'll push her in a wheelchair if need be! Not sure what to think about that one?

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good pair of legs there Angel, and the rest is looking pretty good too you'll be knocking them dead this summer with a lovely gentle sun kissed skin and that costume.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics