Monday 28 May 2012

Like a dog needs a bicycle (race)

Yippee, I've run out of soap powder so no washing for me today! I'm grateful, of course, that I haven't had any urgent laundry needs so far as well... Almost caught up with the ironing too so am appreciating that temporary illusion of completion like that brief period when you've done the washing up but not got hungry again yet...

I give thanks for some brief periods of good tennis on TV too...often, for a viewer, it can be just a soothing background noise in the first rounds but an Italian with a name the commentator said sounded like something you'd order in a restaurant (deeply politically incorrect but meant in good spirit and slightly true) took Djokovic to a tie break in the opening set. Deep gratitude too for the brilliant Exeter stoma team who are so helpful to me and so pleasant with it. I'm so glad they were willing to have me back from the 'others' across the bay! And I'm grateful for remembering there's a set of scales at the doctors' as I need weighing before they can work out how long my IV iron treatment will be and I've never owned a set and am not about to get any now! Haven't you noticed? People with scales tend to be heavier than those who don't so clearly stepping up on to them is the wrong sort of exercise! They tend to drink diet Coke too...so my top gabilogical tip is to avoid that too...

This is the link to the story in the post title. I'm sure you've come across it already but, if you never look at the news or only the important newsy bits, click here as they say...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-18218878 plus this 'You in 52' is rather fun for anyone who wasn't there and doesn't care too much about historical accuracy http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18152914

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabi,
    Love the comments on scales and diet coke....never thought of that, but you are quite right, hope that all goes well with you, and that you will no urgent need of washing powder in the near future!
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics