Wednesday 16 May 2012

Superb

Gratitude for finding that Pentel Superb pens are still widely available...both shops I used to but them in were running down their stocks last time I did. One's since shut and the other is in a place rather inaccessible to me now so I hadn't been keen on checking. Now I realise I can buy them by the dozen on the internet. Oh deep joy...they are by far the best 'every day' ballpoint pen I've ever found. I've discovered the company also makes a range of products including recycled plastic...files and folders, pens and pencils. When I was a small girl taken to look round big shops the one I always wanted to go to was the stationers... and I still get a bit of a kick out of new office supplies. It sounds a bit odd when you write it down but I've met others who feel the same, so not uniquely so!

Also, slightly this side of weird maybe, I'm delighted to discover that balsamic vinegar makes a great substitute for brown sauce. I only fancy brown sauce about twice a year on some eggy breakfasts so I never keep at home but I had a yen for the taste of it with my brunch the day, and as I have balsamic vinegar (even though I hardly ever use that either) I gave it a try. Mmmm, hmmm! Looks much posher on the kitchen table too!

Some people say it has health benefits but others would say this a load of old twaddle, and me...I can always see a bit of both sides and think life's too short to waste arguing. So I'm not going to tell you that this 93 year old lady is superbly fit and happy because of yoga either... but I challenge you not to watch it and not a) feel a little humbled and b) have a smile! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18068548

I give thanks for this week's episode of CSI which had an unusual twist to the storyline (yes, there are still a few they haven't tried before!) and was rather funny and poignant too. Also for Co op Taste the Difference Fair Trade Earl Grey tea bags (takes almost as long to type the name as to drink a cup!) I had several servings of various very acceptable teas yesterday but not one of that particular brand, so particularly appreciated one this afternoon with the aforementioned recorded TV.

Maybe you're thinking I should get out more? Well I did! I also had a grand day out with Jared yesterday travelling on the West Somerset Railway with interesting old coaches pulled by gleaming steam engines. What a treat... we had excellent weather to enjoy the delightful scenery and broke our journey at Blue Anchor where neither of us had spent any time before but which looked to have such splendid views on Google Streetview it just had to be visited for a bracing walk along the seafront and a cakey refreshments to top up our picnic lunch of samosas, a selection of hummous with bruschetta bites, stuffed vine leaves, real ginger beer and Bournville biscuits. I give thanks for all the tasty treats you can get from supermarkets these days by the way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics