Friday 18 May 2012

In brief

Apologies to anyone expecting a personal communication from me today...I've been in an advanced state of zombie since I got home from my hospital/shopping trip yesterday. I tried to keep the walking around to a minimum...the two stores in Exeter and the three here were practically within shouting distance of each other and not far from the stations. Clearly some limits were reached nonetheless...

I give thanks therefore for tea and toast, fish fingers and other low effort comfort munchies...for having nothing very urgent or demanding to do but make them appear and disappear. I give thanks for a TV to keep me company...nothing like a lie down with Hathaway, um sorry, with Lewis I mean! I give thanks for throws and heaters to keep me cosy (it can't just be anaemia...surely it's actually cold?) and (when I finally got round to picking the packages up from the floor and unpacking them late this morning) for a bit of light pampering with Lush-ious goodies and a trying on session of new 'accommodating' garments.

Gratitude too, of course, for news I've been referred to the renal day case unit for intravenous iron. The thought of another trip to hospital just now is not appealing but I haven't any date(s) just yet...plenty of time to mull over the phrases 'day case', 'intravenous infusions' and 'possible side effects'. Anyone with experience of chemo will know what I mean...

Thinking especially of Tony and his family and friends this evening. Of Estelle, may her complications be solvable, and of Annette, who doesn't read this and doesn't have cancer but something genetic, progressive and without any cure. May she remain strong in spirit, lovely lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics