Sunday 6 May 2012

Baby steps

I’m grateful that yesterday I managed two journeys down the building stairs and back...all in less than an hour! This was because of an unexpected La Redoute delivery before I was ready to take a letter out to post and some recycling down to the bins. But some of their clothes on sale actually fitted so much thanks for that! After all that exercise, writing my linky blog, washing my hair and having a big lunch (mmm...I can be grateful for cauliflower cheese three times if I make enough!) that meant a big afternoon nap but I give thanks for that too. How lovely to be able to sleep safely and comfortably when you feel the need. The rest of the day was mostly sedentary but I did a bit of ironing and finally got to the bottom of the laundry basket – woo(extremely)hoo!



And was grateful I had this crochet project to do a little more of whilst lounging around. It's not fuzzy yarn by the way, I just find it hard holding the camera and clicking the button as well.




It will be a cot blanket when it grows a bit more...it's a good job there's not a specific baby waiting for it as it would have grown larger and almost had children of its own at this rate!

This morning I was grateful for the Sunday sun brightening up the place although I know it’s rather chilly outdoors and gave thanks for a warm shower and feeling clean skin without the complicated contortionist act that used to be part of my ablutions. I gave thanks for hearing that Clive is still on his way even though he’s had a few hiccups and delays on the way...not an expert at public transport yet, bless him, and allowed one of those people stations employ to make travelling more difficult to misinform him about departure times!

May you all have something you find pleasant to do, or at least something you don't enjoy that you can avoid this long weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics