Tuesday 20 March 2012

Over to you

I hope you're practising expressing gratitude. Practise it right here right now! There must be one or two things that make you go 'oooh!' each day. 'Oooh!', remember, not 'ow!' Though sometimes if you look at an 'ugh!' another way it can become an 'oooh!' or an 'aah!'

I'm grateful for sleep and for my deep sleepiness that is putting brakes on 'I must do this and that'.

For a chilly day that adds to the need for warmth and cosy comfort.

I give thanks for resting (yesterday) on the seat in the wall between the railway and the sea, a train rushing by and ruffling my hair. Ruffling my hair!

I am grateful the Olympic torch is crossing our bridge here 'on foot' as it were. I'm not quite sure why as I'm neither sporty nor patriotic but maybe it's because I like that we are a forgotten backwater most of the time and then briefly reappear on the map in big letters.

That's reminded me of Muse on the Den and Adrian saying on Facebook: 'There's a local band playing in the park if anyone's interested' Ha ha! Many retrospective smiles from that weekend...

I give thanks for a wonderful dream I had the other night in which I made not only a sudden and miraculous recovery from my operation but from my kidney problems too. I was bounding around like Zebedee...it was great!

I give thanks that, if all goes according to plan, this is the last time I have to wait for a community nurse to change my nephrostomy dressing.

There you go...now over to you...what are you grateful for?

8 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for having access to blogs like this to remind me how fortunate I am, even though I've done a considerable amount of complaining about my lot recently. The reason I discovered this blog (and others) is because a loved one was suffering from cancer. I'm grateful he is in remission now. I'm grateful that I'm in relatively good health myself right now, but should that change in future, I'm very grateful to have discovered there is a huge support network out there and some wonderful characters like yourself adding so much more colour to otherwise grey days.. Thankyou Angel....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grateful that Derek will be there when I get home!
    It's been a very long day, and he's the only one I'm wanting to see right now! I don't normally feel this way, but sad news has made me just want to go home.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am grateful that my visits to the gym are strange to say, energising and raising my sense of well being. That a cyber friend has found a hairbrush that tames her train blown hair, and will shortly I hope, be feeling like a 'new woman'. And that if this actually posts, that the robot sensors have been partially deactivated! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well strange to say I am grateful that my visits to the gym are actually energising and raising my sense of well being.
    That my cyber friend has found a hairbrush to tame her train blown hair, and that shortly she should be feeling like a 'new woman'. And if this actually posts, the anti robot sensors have at least been partially deactivated, cos this is the second time I have keyed this in, the first time it disappeared totally when I pushed the publish button! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Angel, now I know that god is a woman, and that she can switch off anti-robot guardians! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat, hope things are good with you. Glad you're enjoying the gym effect! I've turned off the robot catcher to make things easier for you to comment without commenting on your exasperation! I will turn off 'moderate comments' before I go into hospital. At the moment I like to read what people have said first before they go on my blog, so when you post a comment it won't appear straight away though somewhere on the screen there should be small print saying the comment will appear after moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its such a positive day today ! the sun is shining across the valley, one of those wonderful spring days when you feel like going 'yeah'! I'm so gratefull to be here in this wonderful place - its a brand new day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankfull its another beautiful day time to plant some seeds ! tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce - nothing like fresh salad to enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics