Sunday 4 March 2012

Step up

Back in my slightly redecorated bedroom last night. I love the shape of the space with the slightly rearranged furniture. The two walls that were mostly lining papered are now ready for the rest of it. The timber that was added on the blank stud wall has been undercoated ready for the textured border to be applied. These are not jobs for me but there's more prep I can be doing while waiting for reinforcements to take them on, along with finishing painting the ceiling...

I have a few little tasks in mind for progress today and as long as I get one done that will be progress. Though not attaching too much importance to progress or stressing about its lack is progress too of another kind, of course! I shall see how I feel when up and dressed and allot chores according to my current strengths and weaknesses. Some of them involve scraping so best left if the arthritis in my hands and wrists is playing up. Some involve paintbrushes so best left if the numbness and weakness in my arms seems particularly noticeable. Some involve bending which seems to exacerbate renal and urological pain and some involve the big ladder. This is more of a struggle since losing some of the sensation in my lower legs and feet but I've always tended to be a bit unbalanced standing on things. Some would say the last part of that sentence makes perfect sense without the final three words...





I give thanks that, apart from the neurological damage, most of the above is intermittent. And that the spirit is willing at least! It may feel like I'm climbing the rigging on this old boat in Brixham harbour but I'm not. Just a few steps up and close by the comforting wall...





Did anyone see the meteor I wonder? I noticed at bedtime that the sky was brighter than I thought it ought to be and found myself peering around for a full moon I knew wasn't there. Not long after that everything went completely dark but that was me falling asleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics