Wednesday 21 March 2012

Clear improvement

Continuing the theme of appreciation of the everyday I decided to look more closely around me on the way to the recycling bins and give thanks for a bush all a-twitter with invisible birds, a cat stretched out full length asleep on a doorstep in the sun (in a different place from the bush obviously!) and this pretty tree with tiny cones and enormous catkins.

I would like to express gratitude to Janet for another excellent Reiki today. I felt really great afterwards and decided to ditch finishing doing the shopping and have tea and cake at a cafe. My favourite cafe, the kiosk one on the east end of the beach had been trialling the idea of selling 'proper' cake (ie. not pre-wrapped long life slices) and I wondered if they had any left because that was where I wanted to be... so I trundled along to see and of course they did, they had one slice remaining of carrot passion waiting for me! Apparently the trial has been a great success and they are going to be expanding the range. Oh deep joy...

I give thanks for a good Mothers' Day parcel from Bob with some lush Lush handcream and Bailey's truffles. And for a pair of damask pillow cases in a charity shop just waiting to be turned into new cushion covers for the living room. I also express gratitude for finally finding a good way to clean my third floor windows. Well the bottom half of them anyway. You have to be well over six foot to see out of the top parts so that can wait until I find the right kind of long bendy thing or grow another thirty feet so I can do them from the outside!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your day today... i love seeing catkins they remind me of the nature table at school.
    Lucky you, i really love lush things too you have a very thoughtful son x.
    Its much nicer to eat a cake that has been freashly made than the pre-wrapped stuff i agree.
    Sleep well Abi, love Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, once upon a time there was a sort of magnetic window cleaner, you had the cleaning bit on the outside and guided it to clean the window by the magnetic bit you were holding on the inside. Probably doesn't work too well on the vacuum filled double glazing of today, maybe such a strong magnet needed you would not be able to move it! Now there would be a gratitude if they were still about. pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the Angel Pat. I am already grateful for a pair of those magnetic things in my cleaning cupboard but they do need a brute to force them across the glass!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics