Saturday 17 March 2012

More joy of bed

Big tired. Big lie in. More pain. More pills...Boo! But the opportunity to loll around...hurray!

I would like to express gratitude for my pretty new bedroom wallpaper...
For having the money to buy it and a bedroom to put it in...
To Laura for putting it on the wall...




Only the wall behind my bed is completely completed so far but very inviting it looks and promising of things to come in other parts eventually.




For a little patch of blue sky briefly visible outside my window! First since Monday here...
And, when I stood up, for a strip of sparkle on the sea. Ditto.

For a recent Come Dine with Me contestant using an early 1970s Kenwood Chefette. I only got rid of mine recently because it was so damn heavy. Built to last those things...apart from the very useful stand and bowl that went with them unfortunately.

For the continuing delight of Alan Bennett's Untold Stories...a collection of his own (mostly non fiction prose) compiled after being told he had a 50/50 chance of surviving cancer. It's not about cancer though...just about life and lives, things that have interested and moved him. I particularly enjoy it when some musing or opinion of my own is mirrored...and the thrill of recognition you get when your thoughts appear in someone else's writing is something he writes about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics