Thursday 15 March 2012

Three cheers

Hurray for Reiki, that made me feel a bit better! You might think I'm kidding myself it did, you might even 'know' so... but so what? I felt a bit stronger and that's fine by me as I've been feeling a lot more unwell than I'd like to. I was able to get a few chores done when I came home, make a bit of proper food instead of opening a tin or packet...and eventually clear my plate... To get into bed on the sofa early and appreciate the resting not fall straight to sleep. Gratitude for those...and also for, not just less pain (which may well have been the antibiotics finally kicking in) but also just having pain not being totally 'in' it. You can take pills and potions that make that change of course...the effect of opiates is often described as 'I could still feel the pain but I didn't care'...but I hadn't ingested anything obviously opiate so I'm putting that down to the Reiki definitely.

Hurray for the lovely Janet who treated me, what a pleasant and interesting lady she seemed to be. And for the taxi man who didn't turn up...but who had a marvellous excuse - just after my call he was commandeered from the rank by a policeman to deliver two absconders back to school and to wait with them there til their parents came. You couldn't make that one up could you? It reminded me of men in raincoats and hats jumping on to the running board of bystanders' boxy motors and shouting 'Follow that car!' in monochrome movies... He told me about the drama when he'd finished his part and came and found me slo-mo trundling down the hill on my own two feet and took me where I was going for free! I love that the taxi drivers know where to find me and take me and that some of the shopkeepers know what I like to buy and what days I'm likely to do so. It's good to feel in some small ways you are a part of things.

Hurray for a good sleep and the opportunity for a long lie in this morning...the first one all week and for which I'm truly thankful ! I'm grateful I SEEM to have been able to send some emails finally last night as I'd been having a few problems with that on my Streak...but if you are someone who hasn't has one and think you should have done please let me know and I will try again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabi,
    I am sure that Reiki did the trick, really good stuff!
    And how great that important people within your community have such a good understanding of you and your needs and habits.
    A great way to know that you 'belong' and are an important part of their community.
    Hope you carry on feeling better.
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics