Saturday 10 March 2012

Birdsong

This morning I give thanks for yet another undisturbed evening and night. How I love peace! For the particularly tuneful birdsong first thing in the morning. I'm no birdie I'm afraid - I can't tell you what I heard apart from the fact it wasn't a pheasant, a peacock, a cuckoo, a duck, a lark, an owl or a seagull...they are pretty much all the ones I know by ear!

I don't think I've ever lived anywhere with as many mature trees nearby and the fact that some are nearer than others gives a wonderful depth to the morning chorus sound. When I first moved in I used to say it sounded like a rain forest...and of course it doesn't at all but it's that layering of calls in distance and direction that I meant that for many of us we only hear on TV programmes about rain forests...

I give thanks for the pattern on the fabric of my pajamas which is always pleasing to my eye - a soft grey with small white almost geometric flowers at intervals and wish I didn't have to take them off to go and do the chores!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics