Thursday 22 March 2012

Bright idea

Thanks to everyone who has sent me good wishes and especially to Pat for the approapriate 'post' card. Apologies for not saying thank you personally to everyone...wouldn't it be nice if everything in life had a 'like' button eh? And a pause button and a volume control ha ha! Deb I so know what you mean about catkins...it's like you're back to being five and full of wonder!

I've done most of the things I feel I have to do for myself before I go in and am extremely grateful that it is windier and cloudier today and I won't feel the need to linger (long) on the seafront but can grab my acupuncture and red bush tea bags and come home and do some that I'd like to. Cleaning the windows was such a 'bright' idea as, from experience after previous hospital visits I don't suppose I'll do much but look out of them for a while after I'm home and I'm loving it already. Gratitude too for Orbit which I've just finished catching up with for visual wonders too far away to see through them.

I give thanks for the good health of Sarah on the DLA phone line who clearly hasn't ever been hospitalised herself as she insisted I couldn't tell them today I would be tomorrow in case the operation was cancelled. She seemed to be under the impression that the ward clerk should pick up the phone when I went past on the way to theatre...Bless her cotton socks!

I give thanks for the good advice from Kostas regarding health and states of mind. I give thanks that, out of all the inmates on Death Row, I was paired with him to write to. I know I've sometimes joked that I had the kind of upbringing serial killers use as an excuse but I certainly didn't expect someone who matched me in other ways... Thank you too to Helen the coordinator for a fine bit of coordination there.

Thank you to Bob for offering to put updates on here. I've reminded him it has to be good news!

2 comments:

  1. Your photos bring me such joy, I am grateful always.....Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks too for the 5 a day i have started to write mine down ,sometimes at the start my mind argues but... now i have settled into a pattern its ok !!all good wishes and may you be back on here as soon as you are ready : ) will await the updates about you as you know its good to b updated !! thankyou so much for the lovely pictures and everyday news !!speak again soon Ann xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics