Friday 2 March 2012

Close up

I'm sorry I felt a bit sorry for myself yesterday and there's no need to tell me there's no need! Whilst airing one's fears and woes can be appropriate and even welcome in some circumstances - during counselling, after being asked 'How are you feeling?' by someone close or who needs to hear others are needy etc - I'm of the opinion that often a problem shared is not a problem halved but a problem doubled. If you are a caring person but not willing or able to help someone else then hearing about their difficulties can produce conflict as you wrestle internally as to which of the former you are not and if you are not a caring person you will be just be bored! With a huge public readership like mine (yeah, dream on honey!) this is magnified or multiplied and fretting about possible future problems is not something I condone so I'm not apologising to you guys when I say I'm sorry, I'm saying I wish I hadn't. And as regrets are also a waste of precious time we'll say no more eh?


What I aim to do is make people go 'Oooh' and 'Aaah' not 'Oh dear' so I thought I'd have a look through my picture library for inspiration and found this heavily zoomed shot of a beach on the outskirts of Newquay from a few years ago...



And this one - also the result of hammering the plus button on an image of the high summer view from my bedroom window. Both made me smile to see them again and I hope they do you too!


So what else is new and toothsome to the soul? Primroses on the grassy bank of the car park and deep violet Devon violets on another one going up the hill. It was only after I came to live in Devon that I realised that they really do grow quite profusely down here and it's not just a name on granny's perfume. Beautiful little flowers they are...like amethyst earrings on stems...and the leaves are pretty too.

Also thanks for excavating the freezer and finding a lost bag of hash browns so that there's a tasty brunch cooking itself for me in the oven now...That an appointment from next Wednesday has now been moved to Thursday. It's not that I really want to spend the whole day at the hospital but I'd rather not have two consecutive days used for two appointments but fit them all in one. There'll be a couple of hours between when I can escape to the Force centre or maybe back into town to get some Lushly treats. Or maybe meet a friend for lunch. I shall advertise my availability in Facebook so local friends on there beware! And for watching the fascinating ongoing competition between the fog and the sun that's been going on all morning...ball's in the fog's court just now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics