Tuesday 13 March 2012

Roll over

It took me three goes to roller a coat of paint on a pretty small wall. My kidney didn't like the movement at all...I think it waggled the tube inside or something and hurt a lot... but I got it done and then took off my Wonderwoman outfit and settled down on the sofa under the Oriental Sin quilt to watch a movie with subtitles which struck me as the best way to do nothing for an hour or two! I had something Nordic but not exactly noir...in fact rather dourly humourous. O'Horten. Very good. Gratitude for fortitude...and for giving up on that!

One of the breaks was to answer the phone to the nurse who had come to take the bloods I'd told them I didn't need taking. Don't know what I was thinking of this morning when I thought they were being organised eh? And no wonder they were too busy to come this afternoon if they were visiting people they didn't need to this morning. Oh well...

I'm grateful to Laura for coming this afternoon to do some more vigorous painting than I could do even with the sparkly suit on (but which couldn't be done til mine was - there is method in the work schedule you know!) She was very grateful for the pillow case and scraps from the aforementioned OS quilt cover make over for her own sewing projects. My goodness we're getting our £2.50's worth from that!

I'm just writing this waiting for my tea to go down then I'm back to bed as I developed a taste for lying down doing nothing earlier. You can have too much of this wonder stuff you know...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabi, well Wednesday now after my surgery last Thurs. Today is the best I have felt. It was a VERY rough 3 or 4 days out from surgery. I am on the way back now though. Op was much more and longer than expected, 6 hours! 2 x intestine re-sections, but unfortunately a number of problems still to be addressed. I will need more surgery as soon as I have recovered from this one. On the upside is that there is no liver or lung cancer. I will be a bag-lady too soon. Hope you get lots of lunch dates eating grapes, I would join you, but I will eat some grapes here for you around the 23rd! Thinking of you, it will take me a few days to catch up on your blogs, but I look forward to that. Love Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics