Sunday 11 March 2012

Watchamacallit

Mmmm, great day for letting paint dry...what a bummer you have to do the painting first though, eh? Spare me the 'just sit still and chill' advice, that's what I'm doing in between coats - how else would I be writing this? Actually I'm having rests during coats too if need be...courtesy of a damp cloth and a plazzy bag to put the brushes in. I just know me though and though I'll be pleased to be home from hospital after my operation I'll hate seeing my bedroom in the state it is now especially as I won't be able to do anything to improve it for several weeks so the little bit of small scale cracking on I am capable of must be cracked on with now!

It helps that I have a 'finishing' job to do today because it's always nice to see fruits of ones labours rather than just doing the boring necessary prep. Today I decided if I did nothing else useful I was going to get the whatever it is satin coated in the bedroom. I don't know what they're called...I may have made them up...but they're very pretty anyway! Basically when the partition wall was put up to make the bedroom many moons ago the existing picture rail was left on three sides and on the blank new wall there was just a bit of textured paper put up on the top part to 'match' the textured paint on the ceiling and adjoining frieze areas.  I'd racked my brains for a way to make the arrangement easier on the eye without removing said paper and replacing it with textured paint and replacing all the picture rail...and finally I came up with the watchamacallit. It's just a bit of wood with a bit of paper and paint on it but it's turned an 'Oh that's a shame' to an 'Oh that's pretty' so I'm rather pleased with myself.

I'm grateful for the sunshine anyway...and for the promising sound of rather well spoken new neighbours downstairs enjoying it. I know it sounds snobby but I do like it when people I share the building with do more than shout and swear! They have a little girl, or one visiting and she was involved in some game of imagination that included the line 'I'm in a world of my own but I'm in this world too'! I hope they stay and I get the chance to meet them they sound right up my street! I'm grateful for the energy to get a few little jobs done and the news that Laura hopes to get the ceiling finished (well at least the first coat) on Tuesday as this is definitely beyond me. I'm grateful for Ashley Banjo's Secret Street Crew which I wasn't going to watch because of all the hype but love now I've succumbed. Love the premise...always wanted to do something similar to the mini flash mob surprise element at the finish when I was working. Love the confident boosting (eventually) of the unlikely performers and the way they get to find their inner dancer underneath their fears and inhibitions. Very funny and moving too despite the hype!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you make some new friends...x
    Keep up your decorating... i dont know how you do it, love Deb xxx.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics