Friday 2 August 2019

Quatre-vingt-quatorze

I give thanks my very trying electricity company has been taken over by another. This sounds good at least in that they have a Newcastle based call centre but, though the people I've spoken to have lovely accents, they've so far not been able to assist with my long running attempts to switch from Economy 7 as my account seems to have wandered off in the ether! I give thanks I still have power arriving at my sockets and switches - that's the most important thing eh?

There's been very little power in my body today just lots of pain and stiffness and fatigue. I give thanks for ignoring all chores that could be considered unnecessary including the washing up from the day before yesterday and brushing my hair, just concentrating on basic personal hygiene, a basic packed lunch and some simple to put on clothing before the taxi came. For a silent driver so I could micro nap in the traffic jams and actually managing to get comfy on the treatment chair so I could have another nap after eating. A delayed journey and a slow set up on the machine meant over running my departure time and wouldn't you know it, for the first time ever at this unit the driver was pacing the halls waiting for me. I've met this chap before and he's one of those folk who always contradict whatever you say so it was a pretty silent return as well as I really can't be doing with it, but I was very grateful to be whisked away before the city roads got really full and be home on my sofa drinking tea just after half past five. I give thanks the pain has eased off a little during the day but I'm still very grateful there's not much to be done to prepare a meal as half of it is leftovers again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics