Saturday 10 August 2019

Dos

Ah, dos! Yep there's been plenty of that today... I was grateful for a brief period of feeling OK last night so I could wash a few pots and vacuum the part of the living room I sprinkled with lentils and rice eating my evening meal... For getting creative with a roll of white insulating tape I picked up in a cheapy shop with the intention of insulating before the sudden onset of summer took the need away. I don't know exactly how much replacement front windows would cost, but I know I can't afford it for the foreseeable future and though the new hinges I had fitted help a lot there's still plenty of draughts and noise find their way in and they former can be a tad nippy when it's blowing a gale, even an August one. I gave great thanks even after applying strips to just a few gaps it got suddenly much cosier and quieter, though of course I'm hoping summer will be properly back soon and I can remove them and open the window again.

Most of today the pain and exhaustion has been in charge, but in between aforementioned lazing around I've been grateful I've been able to do a few not too energetic but useful things in short bursts. I give particular thanks for the batch of oat milk pancakes for my brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics