Saturday 24 August 2019

Dieciseis

I give thanks for thinking, when my laptop seized up last night, that it was the last straw in a bale full recently. For not realising that something far worse than not being able to print out letters and bank statements to try and get my latest ESA cuts explained, if not reinstated was in store for me in the shape of my back seizing up too!

I give thanks this level of pain and incapacity are unfamiliar to me. Even with a kind doctor delivering stronger meds than I'm usually allowed, I've literally not been able to get out of bed bar once to go to the loo with Mima's help, but still screaming and shouting with pain, and with excruciating spasms en route. I give thanks for her making me a light lunch I could eat almost horizontal, and for Julie helping me find almost horizontal ways of dealing with personal care when a second attempt at a bathroom break proved too much for me to bear. As moving arms, legs and all other body parts hurt my back and tire me to the point I drop off if I stop for long enough, I give thanks for the patches of oblivion. Also that despite having to type most letters several times as a I'm struggling to hit the right keys, I've pretty much come to the end now. Only took an hour and a half..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics