Sunday 4 August 2019

Quatre-vingt-seize

The best days when you have fibromyalgia are the ones when you hardly notice you do, and of course I'm grateful for those...as well as the ones when you have some pain and fatigue but manage to function to some degree nonetheless. There's a lot to be said, however, for the ones when all you really feel up to is lying down and that's pretty much all you do. I give thanks for giving in to the need to rest today because, though it's good to be able to push yourself, you do suffer for longer for it. I give thanks for lots of horizontal today - in the bed, in the bath and on the sofa. For convenience foods from the cupboard and freezer, copious snoozes and not venturing out the door so that there was no need to get dressed or sort out my hair or any of that malarky!

I give thanks for pushing myself last night to go out to see a film just a little way up the road. It was a rom com which is not really my kind of thing at all but set in the next county in a favourite coastal village so plenty to enjoy. I give thanks for the interesting experience of being able to compare the shivers of horror running up and down my spine from someone in the tiered seat behind me rustling a plastic sweet packet very close to my ear with the shivers of pleasure from hearing male voices raised in harmonious song. I thought I'd better add the final adjective there as there's been communal karaoke at the pub out the back today and this didn't have the same effect at all, though I could tell the chaps were having fun and of course I was grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics