Thursday 22 August 2019

Catorce

I give thanks for a better night's sleep last night than the one before... and that that was better than the one before that! Still nowhere good enough, but better is better if you know what I mean...and waking up not too exhausted and with nothing to rush for was very welcome too. I give thanks the latest nasty fibromyalgia attack is gradually quietening down, and I'm thus feeling stronger and more capable again as the ghastly all over pain subsides. The combination of this, a non-dialysis day and some warm sunshine meant, like many with fluctuating illness, I refused to go along with this 'pace yourself' lark and did much too much instead!


I give thanks as I had to go to pick up some new new deeper dark sunglasses a good deal of this doing could be interspersed with sitting watching the sea and munching local delights like a Gregg's vegan sausage roll and lemon curd ice cream. I was able to admire the wonderful TRAIL sculptures this year and be grateful that some of the other people were enjoying a high soprano busker with karaoke machine singing about beautiful mornings, enchanted evenings and the like. She had a lovely voice but her musical taste was a long long way from mine...although who knows, maybe it was a slightly misguided but commercially minded repertoire.

I give thanks another upside of feeling more human is I'm feeling more positive about the medical scares. When you're in the middle of a flare up it's a lot easier to believe you're knocking on heaven's door. I was also grateful for the text when I was out to say my flexi save Tesco delivery slot would be between 5 and 6 as I was getting slower and slower as I was out and needed a long rest when I got home. Meanwhile the poor driver, who arrived at 4 unaware I'd been told differently, was frustratedly ringing my turned off phone... so I'm grateful he eventually had the bright idea of ringing the entry bell, and even more so that he carried my goodies up to my door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics