Thursday 1 August 2019

Quatre-vingt-treize

My joints have been increasingly unpleasantly painful this week - knees, knuckles, neck and hips in particular - and I give thanks for remembering to be grateful I don't have to go to work, or grow my food or take care of anyone but me. It does make even the simplest of essential tasks rather arduous however, and has curbed my creativity, productivity and capacity for pleasure so as often as possible I've been sitting down or lying down - even though that doesn't stop the hurting just stops activity making it worse. Even so, I still have to eat so I give thanks for getting inventive in the kitchen over the last couple of days and putting together a lentil and pepper roast with barley, ground almonds, smoked garlic, chili and paprika for filling and flavour. Very nice indeed!

I give thanks for last night also booking another boat trip for today as I knew, without anything I had to leave the house for, it would be very easy not to leave my bed! The weather forecast says rain next week, plus I've got the date for my PIP assessment and don't know how much longer before they whisk my disabled benefits away and possibilities for outings plummet due to lack of cash and passes so it seemed a good idea to go out today on many levels though I was whimpering with the discomfort at times and nodding off at others. I was grateful for seeing more cliffs from the water. Phang Nga bay it may not be, but the UK coastline is a wonder to behold...and I give thanks many many moons ago I went to Phang Nga bay so I am able to compare...

I give thanks for managing to negotiate the teeming crowds for a delicious scone and a cup of tea, and that although all forms of transport were running last this included the bus for the final leg of my journey so I had time to persuade an almost closed up market trader to sell me half a cucumber and some little gems and pop to the loo. This is me since I got home...I feel quatre-vingt-treize this evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics