Monday 19 August 2019

Once

Well that was a long and somewhat tense day at the office... I give thanks none of the results back so far show why the the routine tests showed things may be quite seriously awry behind the scenes in my body. There are more to come back however, plus further more worrying ones that can be done, so I just have to hang in there and try not to die of fear or fret in the meantime. I give thanks for the dreaded PIP assessment tomorrow morning, that should take my mind off things for a while! And for appreciating the irony of multiple medical investigations to try to find out what else ails me being so swiftly followed by an attempt to prove how well I am next day! I'm also grateful for the welfare system no matter how unfair it often seems to be, and for the stretched NHS stretching itself a little more to try and keep me well(ish).

I give thanks I might have a home cooked meal later, after having done some prep yesterday and then some more this morning...just one more stage to go. For making the staff laugh on the ward - I can't do much in return for keeping me alive but laughter is such wonderful medicine in a way I'm doing my bit. Oh and I give thanks after the recent panic about my health finally biting the bullet and contacting a relative who had been trying to find me for years. The jury is still out on how I feel about it, but he seems pleased so it seems I've done the right thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics