Thursday 29 August 2019

Diecinueve

I give thanks for the mercy of sleep which, after so many hours of fiscomfort and wakefulness, has been copious and delightful despite the frequent interruptions for questions and injections...As my dreams are often hospital related it can be very disorientating when I come round and wonder what was true or not. And if there's questions  to answer I have to be on the ball as I can drift in and out of consciousness more than once in within single word or thought, and say something irrelevant or worse!

If I'm typing and doze off mid word it can be challenging to work out what something like remenerinbjp0eta was meant to be as my hand slid down the screen. (remember)

I give thanks for not dreaming two favourite nursing staff helping me through sessions in the new to me real ward. The one I was moved to from ED is a kind of human miscellaneous folder and the staff seem to be very moithererd by their difficult charges so the effect is calmer here...Its nice to be cared for by someone you know a little, and to take care to try to get to know new folk you encounter a little as well, finding out more about them as people.

For a rich cocktail of drugs plus time poor physios helping me move to the vertical and walk with a zimmer frame around the bed. It felt wonderful and I will never make fun of the devices again!

For making it to the chair this evening for a wash and my last clean nightie and knickers. For clean sheets on the bed! Thank goodness we don't have to
Supply our own.

Right it's taken me hours to write and correct this. Hope I've said something worthwhile somewhere... Have a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics