Friday 16 August 2019

Ocho

I give thanks for the taxi drivers and staff I encountered today being the kind that don't do my head in! When I arrived on the unit however there was a note on the board next to my name that sent my blood pressure and pulse rate rather high, as something in Wednesday's routine blood test meant another urgent one today to be processed straight away. Cue a couple of hours panic going through all the possibilities and possible repercussions, and I was moderately grateful to discover the reasons they  told me later didn't seem all that worrying, although hearing the consultant had said as long as I felt well I could go home was a tad concerning. I give thanks she rang me at home later to explain why she thought I might not feel well. Jeepers Creepers! She's as mystified as I am as to why certain things have suddenly gone so out of kilter and is going to ring the biochemist over the weekend...and I'm going to continue to try not to panic (much). Oh and not take any more CBD oil as this was the only new substance in my system we could think of.

I give thanks the carnival parade was still on got night despite the apoplectic weather warnings earlier...and for the weather not being particularly apoplectic! For Mima popping in on her way back from London for one of my picnic style teas before we watched from my perfectly placed window - you can watch the procession twice as the road splits into single flow traffic around the crazy golf. Lots to enjoy but I'm not going to post and blurry low light and rainy window views when you can find videos on line. The last section was surprisingly spectacular with Spark! LED drummers - who would have been good just drumming and moving around in formation, but with their silver suits and colour changing kit they were a real feast for the eyes as dusk fell. There was also a DJ with the kind of bass you can feel through out your body playing some great tunes for some energetic dance troupes and sashaying paraders in wonderful costumes.

Anyway it's been an unusual day, and I give thanks I'm off for a bath and bed before too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics