Monday 5 October 2015

Base desires

I give thanks for howling storm last night, the rough sea and mizzly drizzly rain today. For being in the midst of a particularly communicative phase of my life...and taking time to walk along the seafront on my own communing only with the waves.

I give thanks for the joyfulness I encountered in town - it's usually a smiley chatty place but seemed even more so than usual today. I give thanks for the jolly tho unsuccessful surfers, the tuneful buskers, and the cheery Big Issue seller, for all the people saying 'after you' on foot and in their cars. I give thanks for a lady asking for help reaching for a top shelf cake in the supermarket, and a useful discussion about its possible merits as a trifle base.

I give thanks for getting to a till just as the operator became free and the taxi rank just as a driver I'd not seen for a while became free too. I give thanks for trying some salted caramel choc ices and declaring them inedible as I'm not supposed to eat chocolate, ice cream or salt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics