Wednesday 14 October 2015

Charge up

I give thanks for a day of willpower, ignoring most of the things that need to be done, and the lure of the sun to do the things that don't in. I give thanks for knowing when my batteries are on nil power and a level of laziness that does not come easily has to be maintained...

I give thanks for an early night and a long lie in, for dreaming both while asleep and awake. I give thanks for all my immediate neighbours (and their dogs!) being out for hours so that wallowing in fast track battery recharging peacefulness was possible.

I give thanks for booking a Tesco delivery for today in the late afternoon so, when I finally made it out of bed, I could lounge around in the bath instead. I give thanks for accepting it could be some time yet before getting my phone line fixed...and buying a mobile data bundle so I don't flinch every time I peek at Facebook and have to leave home to upload a blog post.

I give thanks for a large lush tea...I couldn't possibly manage another nap now, could I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics