Friday 9 October 2015

Subversive

I give thanks for fitting in a longish landline call to a mythical plumber, and an even longer one to the renal anaemia service before either BT or the chap whose line it's connected to my flat stopped this access to the outside world. I give thanks that another call, that might have been lengthy on my mobile, went to voicemail, and that on hearing my message, a very kind lady I've never met conducted business with me via text. ​I give thanks for the Tesco online grocery shopping​, for eBay, Amazon at al for the rest. I give thanks for checking timetables and opening hours, for finding facts, for uploading photos and downloading tunes, for sharing links to things that inspire me and nattering with the world on my sedentary solitary days. I give thanks that I appreciated these things before they were gone...and for deciding, in the absence of a helpful friend who might let me do them at their premises the only way to deal with their lack is to go away for the weekend. I give thanks that my son won't mind me squandering his inheritance on this...or that if he would he's unlikely to contact me to say. If my plan to write it on an email draft and cut and paste when II give thanks that I managed to complete the last two day's blog posts before the library filters realised I shouldn't have and stopped me...presumably as this is subversive? I don't know! If my plan to save the text in an email draft and copy and paste via their eifi on my phone is successful I'll be grateful for that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics