Tuesday 13 October 2015

Fault lines

I give thanks for quite a quiet evening on the terrace - after going away for a bit of peace and quite it's nice not to wish I could turn straight round and go back again (much!)

I give thanks I have a fault with my phone line - rather than working for a phone company dealing with incoming calls about faults! I also give thanks I'm not an engineer working at the bottom of our road being accosted by frustrated customers with no connection to the outside world and thus a need to go out and talk to real people about why they should sort it out!

I give thanks that still having a broken phone line means I've made contact with a good friend who would sort it out if he could...but who will now meet up with me for a long overdue catch up instead. I give thanks that it also means having a nice lunch and chat at Jenny's, and a free use of her computer while I'm here (when I shut up and stop get on with it!).

I give thanks for more warm sunshine and the lovely views from her balcony...and that the sun has now gone in so that I can finish my on line chores and get home for a snooze...after another cup of tea has been made and brought to me. I know! Two days in a row...I shall be having delusions of languor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics