Friday 23 October 2015

Courage, wisdom and serenity

I give thanks for falling asleep eventually...and for how good awakeness in the night is for applying your mind to life's conundrums. And yes, I'd rather have more sleep and less conundrums but where do preferences ever get you eh?

I give thanks for having the courage to face the fact that only by applying wisdom am I going to bring about any serenity in some situations. For knowing that being alone considerably more than often I would prefer is great for enhancing courage and wisdom...and also handy for not inflicting my pre-serenity gnarly narkiness on unsuspecting souls! No matter how angry or sad or lost or stuck you feel the answer is always to be more loving, to yourself and to everyone else...whether they appear to be part of the problem or not.

I give thanks that skiving off from outdoor chores yesterday meant they had to be done today because outside is always good...the air on your skin and in your lungs and the good things there for the looking...maybe making eye contact with someone and sharing a smile, or kind words and a chuckle. And the sea, the constant changing sea that says to me 'Hey I'm always here...my mood may change and I may go away a little way but look, I always come back'.


I give thanks that the reason it took me hours to actually get out was health related rather than illness related - all the noisy boys and girls were out again and I could remember and enjoy what a lovely peaceful comfortable restorative space my home is when that is so.

Dot dot dot...I wrote the above hours ago and then lots of other things happened for which I am overwhelmingly grateful but are hard to put succinctly. I give thanks to Colin for putting up with a rather loopy ramble about them but then it was kind of down to him that they all began to happen so at least half of it didn't need to be explained. And if I say we've both rediscovered something we used to enjoy and are better at it than we remember, and that I thought I'd never ever be able to do it again and hurt a lot in different places now I have, you'll think I mean something entirely different than I do. Oh well...be grateful for a little misdirection and mystery eh?

1 comment:

  1. I appreciated your wise words about aloneness, but must send special thanks for the last section of your post. It made me chortle and sent my feeble imagination into overdrive. The mountain photos were excellent too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics