Sunday 11 October 2015

Sound advice

I give thanks that though I didn't fall asleep to the sound of owls in the trees, or wake to garden birdsong, I didn't have to listen to neighbourhood birds of any other variety, or neighbourhood men shouting at same!

I give thanks for being able to do one of my most favourite morning things - to sit on the doorstep drinking a mug of tea, feeling the fresh air on my skin and breathing in the breeze. I give thanks I try not to think about the things I miss but remembered this one in time. I give thanks for discovering the acoustics here are brilliant and treating myself (if not the neighbourhood!) to a bit of a sing...another thing I miss in my unsoundproofed home!

I give thanks for a good book to lounge around with and a good friend to remind me to put it down and go out. I give thanks for being somewhere with beautiful views and loads of seats to admire them from, when all my aches insisted I stop. I give thanks for a delicious honeycomb and caramel ice cream...

I give thanks for a sound siesta, and for waking in time to go out and see the marbled clouds tinted at sunset...from the back decking in my socks! I give thanks I don't usually have to rely on real time TV for evening entertainment...heavens, have you seen what's on? What's that? You watch it? Stop it at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics