Monday 26 October 2015

Unplugged

Yay - I give thanks for new wireless headphones that actually work! Getting them home and set up took most of the weekend one way and another (sometimes you don't need just courage and cunning, but cars and hands that work the way they should!) but I am very grateful for the little bubble they make for watching TV programmes that are really so much better without an unintentional soap opera backing track. All I need now is to save up enough money to buy them for everyone in all the neighbouring flats so I don't have to listen to anything at all but waves, wind or birdsong if I should so choose... but until then I am grateful I can enjoy my stereo for the first time in years at the other side of the ancient solid building and no one can hear a thing. I'm also grateful I can't hear your chuckles of derision at what I'm listening to...I'm a woman of a certain age remember, it's perfectly reasonable to be close to the Edge!

Arriving back here later than I meant to on Saturday night I was grateful there seem to be less dangerous characters in the vicinity than there have been in the past, but it's still a bit glum coming home to a dark empty flat so I'm grateful I've come up with the resolve to forget about the leccy bill and the ozone layer and get into the habit of leaving a lamp on before I go out so that there's a patch of welcoming light when I step inside the door. And also to use the slow cooker more so that it smells as if someone is cooking my tea! There are sound renal dietary reasons why I stopped making the stews I used to, but Rachel's coming to eat with me this evening so she can share the potassium, and after acupuncture we are going to choir, so I'm as grateful as can be it's all as hygge as can be..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics