Thursday 22 October 2015

Everything but the boy

I give thanks for going out with a boy to my favourite restaurant last night... To be utterly honest, my companion probably wouldn't have been my firstest, favouritest, bestest choice of a boy to do this with, but rest assured both he and his good wife are quite grateful for that! And if I should ever be so lucky as to go out for tea with my firstest, favouritist choice, I'd still think I was lucky to go with Jared, for however unlikely a combination our friendship might appear to be, it is an enduring and enriching one for which we are both extremely grateful. And besides...I could never get tired of tapas!

My firstest choice for today would have been just to loll about in bed, or better still, as the neighbours were all out by the time I left it, to lounge around on the sofa watching recorded TV at my preferred volume instead of the best one to drown out other people living their lives at the volume they prefer...so I give thanks to Jenny for helping me remember I could actually do just that and settling down with a plate of brie on toast and the first episode of the new series of Fargo. It didn't last of course - neither the toast nor the tranquillity - but my goodness it was good, and I was grateful while it did...

I give thanks for trying to remember the benefit of being sick is that you're allowed to have sick leave...you don't always have to be rushing around being at least three times as wonderful as everyone else as everything is at least three times as hard. I give thanks for resolving (for the umpteenth time!) to be less driven...unless it's driven to beautiful places, restaurants (or even roadworks) by any kind of boy...

Oh and I give thanks that if that's impossible there's always http://www.boredpanda.com/?s=mountains or any similar search that takes my fancy to take me places instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics