Tuesday 20 October 2015

Picture imperfect

I'm give thanks for all the things I've been grateful for since compiling yesterday's post...for being in stitches of the non yarn related sort in the library...for Rachel's husband making fish pie for our tea and Rachel making cake...for finally persuading my new laptop to import and process photographs...and when I decided I should then acquire a camera lead, Amazon reminding me I'd already bought one long before I got the laptop!

I'm particularly grateful for having all of the above to recount as today I've been in far too much pain to give anything other than auto pilot thanks. I've been grateful that if you relentlessly practice appreciation every day for years on end, you will actually go on doing it no matter how grouchy and grumbly you feel...and for living in a locality gentle on the eye and soul which sure does help. I give thanks for doing the things that most seemed to need to be done, and that I'm now on the way to do the thing I most need to do next - to turn to my mattress for steady support and my quilt for a warm embrace.

If anyone wants me, knock gently on my door with a mug of tea. In fact knock loudly as my earplugs will be in - everyone in the neighbourhood seems to be under the influence of substances far stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics