Monday 19 October 2015

Eponymous heroine

I give thanks for a gloaming stroll by the sea, with sunset skeins still in the darkening clouds and twinkling boat lights on the horizon...the mingling smells of salt, cut grass and wood smoke. For having a little meditate...I was sitting in the middle of this almost deserted beach last week and someone asked if I was meditating but I have to confess that wasn't what I was doing at all!


I give thanks for finding a grasshopper in my sweater drawer - deceased but still quite green and fresh. I don't remember a great deal of frolicking in meadows this summer so maybe it was there to remind me to still my mind. 

I give thanks for finding the Man Who Wasn't There. Don't be silly - it's a Coen brothers film exquisitely shot in 40s style black and white...

I give thanks for EPO making me feel a little more red blooded and at least remember why I might want to get breathless now and then. I give thanks for finding half a roll of Mefix to do what it says on the box...

I give thanks for re-launching my Phone-a-Friend appeal. I've been really touched by the response so far but I know there are more lurking in your lives just waiting to be freed...or waiting on the hall table to be sent!

I give thanks I mostly get the news I need on the weather report...but sometimes I like the pictures too
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/34539347

And the magazine ...This is the expedition my 'little' cousin Lee is going on. There's many sorts of heroic in my family you know ;-)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34466887



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics