Friday 2 October 2015

Lightening up

I give thanks for another repetitive blog post title. I couldn't begin to tell you exactly what date but it's sure to be there somewhere in over 1800 gratitude themed posts. Sometimes I think perhaps I should try harder to be original but originally I didn't think I needed to plan this far ahead, you know.

I give thanks for more sorting out, including the less strenuous but considerably more fiddly replacing of batteries in the LED lights in the cupboard under the stairs after the step work yesterday. I give thanks for Paracetamol to take the edge off my aches and pains and for sorting out enough stuff to take to charity shops for a taxi to town to be a necessity. I give thanks for managing to keep my eyes open for the Revive meeting, and to admire the beauty of the sun on the shallow pools in the sand and hazy light on the headlands. I give thanks for just enough energy left to collect new glasses (not sure about them yet), fresh medical supplies and bits of vital shopping, before dumping all of the above on my hall floor, cramming in the earplugs and crawling back under the covers for a snooze.

I give thanks for something quick and convenient for my tea, and for something even quicker for dessert - more of yesterday's delicious homemade blueberry sponge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics